The Chemical Engineer will be responsible for analyzing thermodynamics, combustion kinetics, fluid flow and mixing dynamics. Additionally, the chemical engineer will be part of the team that provides insight into the chemical properties of various propellants. He/She will report to senior management directly to inform management’s decisions with technical background.
The candidate will be expected to periodically travel to Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah to manage test site activities and ensure the health of our fluid systems. This candidate may be located on the Wasatch front in either Davis, Salt Lake or Utah County. He/She may also be located in the Huntsville, AL area. Offices will be available in Salt Lake City and Huntsville, but remote work is also an available option. The Chemical Engineer can be a full-time or part-time position. He/She will occasionally need to work outside on uneven ground in inclement weather to conduct test site activities.
• This position requires a sound understanding of fluid mechanics, heat transfer, thermodynamics.
• Additionally, an understanding of mass transfer, kinetics and reactor design will be useful
• Ability to create both empirical and mathematical models to create accurate PID controllers.
• Ability to tune PID controllers
• Keep P&ID’s and procedures up to date and accurate.
• Full-time: Minimum bachelor’s degree
• Internship: Pursuing bachelor’s or graduate degree (Junior/Senior +)
Citizenship & Background:
• Because of DPG requirements, this candidate must be able to provide proof of U.S. citizenship and must have a clean criminal background
• 401 K matching (Full-Time only)
• Healthcare, Dental, Vision (Full-Time only)
• PTO (Full-Time only)
• Profit Sharing (Full-Time only)
• Flexible schedule (partial ability to work remote)
Bangham Engineering, Inc. is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.