The mechanical engineer will be responsible for managing our CAD models and drawings and assisting in future component design. Additionally, this position will share responsibility overseeing the construction of the test stand and various mechanical components. The mechanical engineer will report to both the project manager and senior management.
The candidate will be expected to periodically travel to Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah to manage test site activities and ensure the health of our test site builds. This candidate may be located on the Wasatch front in either Davis, Salt Lake or Utah County. Offices will be available in Salt Lake City, but part-time remote work is also an available option. The mechanical engineer can be a full-time or part-time position. He/She will occasionally need to work outside on uneven ground in inclement weather to conduct test site activities.
• Candidate should have experience with component design and be able to create accurate engineering drawings.
• Needs to work with machine shops and vendors to ensure quality is maintained.
• Experience using 3D CAD tools (Solidworks, OnShape, etc.)
• Experience with Finite Element Analysis
• Experience with mathematical programming languages (Python, Matlab, etc.)
• Needs to be able to communicate design ideas and assembly tasks accurately and effectively to both team members and non-technical customers.
• Be able to determine key requirements for various test set ups and designs given by the Huntsville team.
• Full-time: Minimum bachelor’s degree
• Internship: Pursuing bachelor’s or graduate degree (Junior/Senior +)
Citizenship & Background:
• Because of DPG requirements, this candidate must be able to provide proof of U.S. citizenship and must have a clean criminal background
• 401 K matching (Full-Time only)
• Healthcare, Dental, Vision (Full-Time only)
• PTO (Full-Time only)
• Profit Sharing (Full-Time only)
• Flexible schedule (partial ability to work remote)
Bangham Engineering, Inc. is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
To Apply please send your resume or CV to us at email@example.com with the job you are applying to in the subject line.