The Simulation Engineer will be responsible for running complex mixing and shock/blast propagation simulations. He/She will also be responsible for relaying that information to core BEi personnel as well as discussing results with customers prior to full scale testing. The Simulation Engineer will need to be versatile on the codes and programs he/she will use and be able to research and suggest new codes/programs that will be useful to our simulation suite. He/She will be a key aide to the test program and will participate in data analysis team discussions as well.
The candidate will be strongly encouraged to travel to the test site in Utah to witness at least one test to inform their simulations. It is possible for the candidate to live in either Huntsville, AL or Salt Lake City, UT and work out of the offices in either location. Part-time remote work is also an available option. The Simulation Engineer is in a full-time position and is expected to work 40 hours a week.
• Needs to be proficient in programming languages such as Python, C++, and/or MATLAB
• Able to run CFD and Blast simulations with minimum oversite
• Ability to research and recommend simulation tools to the BEi team and able to learn and run them with minimal downtime
• Familiarity with simulation industry is a plus
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree: 2+ years of experience in Simulation projects/Research.
Citizenship & Background:
• Because of DPG requirements, this candidate must be able to provide proof of U.S. citizenship and must have a clean criminal background
• Masters or PHD with 3+ years of experience
• Experience using CFD simulation programs such as: COMSOL, Thermal Desktop, Loci/CHEM, and openFOAM
• Experience with SPHC Code
• 401 K matching
• Healthcare, Dental, Vision
• Profit Sharing
• Flexible schedule (partial ability to work remote)
Bangham Engineering, Inc. is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or religious belief.