We will be hiring a variety of test site technicians with specializations in mechanical systems, electrical systems, instrumentation, and fluid systems. Due to this, each candidate will not be expected to do every task listed here – only the tasks that pertain to their specialization. However, skills in more than one area are highly desirable.
The Test Site Technician will be responsible for preparing for large scale cryogenic explosive testing. This work will include assembling test site hardware such as cryogenic plumbing, PVC vent tubing, operating machinery to facilitate conduit or piping. He/She will be an aide to the engineers on site and will be helping with engineering tasks such as electrical and mechanical checkouts, hardware designs, and participating in some company/customer wide meetings.
The candidate will be expected to be at the test site located in Dugway Proving Grounds in Western Utah for 4 days a week for 10 hours a day for a total of 40 hours per week. Fridays are usually off unless work needs to be finished. Lodging can be provided on base and travel may be reimbursed. Candidates will be expected to work on uneven ground in inclement weather to conduct test site activities. Candidates should be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Hands on Skills:
• Needs to be familiar with an assortment of hand tools such as socket wrenches, torque wrenches, drills, Allen wrenches, reciprocating saws, and other tools
• Ability to read and decipher technical drawings
• Good understanding of electrical terminology.
• Hands on experience soldering, splicing wires, and making quality wire connections.
• High School Diploma with 1-2 years of technical experience.
Citizenship & Background:
• Because of DPG requirements, this candidate must be able to provide proof of U.S. citizenship and must have a clean criminal background
• Willingness to be taught and to take on new tasks as they arise during test site activities
• Some college or applicable technical certificates
• Experience using CAD software
• Experience with heavy machinery
• 401 K matching
• Healthcare, Dental, Vision
• Profit Sharing
Bangham Engineering, Inc. is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.