The Electrical Engineer will assist in updating and adapting our National Instruments (NI) control system. This includes hardware and software installation and design. He/She will also help install and manage power distribution, data acquisition, and communications. He/She will also assist installing and maintaining power distribution, data acquisition, and communication systems. Part of the job duties will also include managing sensor inventory and repairs along with ensuring needed equipment is procured. He/She will report to the Senior Electrical Engineer.
The candidate will be expected to periodically travel to Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah to manage test site activities and ensure the health of our data acquisition system. This candidate may be located on the Wasatch front in either Davis, Salt Lake or Utah County. Offices will be available in Salt Lake City, but part-time remote work is also an available option. The Electrical Engineer can be a full-time or part-time position. He/She will occasionally need to work outside on uneven ground in inclement weather to conduct test site activities.
• Needs to have experience with LabView for both data acquisition and control applications
High Speed Data Acquisition:
• Ability to select, install and investigate various instrumentation including pressure transducers, thermocouples, RTD’s, and accelerometers. You will also need to be able to select appropriate signal conditioning requirements.
• Full-time: Minimum bachelor’s degree
• Internship: Pursuing bachelor’s or graduate degree (Junior/Senior +)
Citizenship & Background:
• Because of DPG requirements, this candidate must be able to provide proof of U.S. citizenship and must have a clean criminal background
• Experience using NI cRIO FPGA hardware with both analog and digital modules.
• Experience with DEWEsoft DAQ units.
• 401 K matching (Full-Time only)
• Healthcare, Dental, Vision (Full-Time only)
• PTO (Full-Time only)
• Profit Sharing (Full-Time only)
• Flexible schedule (partial ability to work remote)
Bangham Engineering, Inc. is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.